Saturday, October 15, 2011

High in the Hong Kong Sky



View of  Hong Kong from the 118th floor of the Ritz Carlton 


For a truly spectacular view of the Hong Kong skyline go to Ozone at the top of the new ICC building in Kowloon. Try and go on a clear night- the views are amazing. Plus there is no door fee- just buy a drink or a snack once you are in there. Everything is relatively reasonably priced as well (considering you are at a sky high bar in the Ritz Carlton). Non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks can be found for around HK$110-HK$120 (about 14-16 USD). 

I recommend going on a week night so it isn't as crowded and you can get a spot by the window. The decor is a little over the top- bright flashing neon moon lights that change from red to green to blue and back again. But I'm there for the view- not the interior design. Service is good but can be a little snooty- and remember that for men no t-shirts or flipflops. 

To get there you can either take a cab directly to the ICC or take the MTR to Kowloon station. 

Overlooking our city 

I can never get enough of Hong Kong's incredible skyline and this is one of the best ways to see it. Yep- I'm head over heels for Hong Kong 


2 comments:

  1. Hong Kong has a great skyline. I took the tram up Victoria Peak in 2001 and have been meaning to do it again on return visits.

    Reading your blog reminds me why I love living in Asia so much. While I'm over in Seou, S.K., l I still see the same energy on your Hong Hong pictures. Those cities really are something out of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree- there is something really special about the energy of big Asian cities that you don't find anywhere else in the world. I have never been to Seoul but would really like to go sometime!

    ReplyDelete