Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Be Informed

Keep up with current events. It is important to know what is going on in the world. And with online newspapers, twitter, facebook, youtube and DVR, there really isn't any reason not to. I like to get my news from a variety of sources, but I rely the most on CNN and The New York Times. I follow both on Twitter, and with just a glance I know the major headlines of the day. Of course I try to read as many of the articles as I can, but if I am having a hectic day it is nice to at least have an idea of the major news story that day. It is impossible of course to keep up with all the news all the time, the only downside with modern news outlets is we are bombarded with almost more news than we can process. My general rule of thumb is to follow the really "big stories" and then read or watch the news that interests me. Being well informed will help shape and give substance to opinions you have about the world. Plus, on a superficial note, you will have something to talk about at a dinner party. A fun way to test your news knowledge is with the CNN Challenge. It is an online, interactive news trivia game. You can challenge friends and family or other people in the CNN Challenge community. It is a quick, easy and fun way to improve your news knowledge. I added a CNN news gadget on the sidebar so you can stay informed while reading DailyGoodThing.

And that's your daily good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment