Friday, December 18, 2009

Feel Good Music- Home

I was hooked from the first whistled note. "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros is my current feel good song. Clever, quirky lyrics combined with a beat that you can't help but nod along with, this is a song you can play again and again. On top of the great lyrics and tune, the instruments range from the trumpet to the guitar to the tambourine. Reminiscent of something from the Juno or Garden State soundtrack, "Home" makes me think of cross country road trips and outdoor music festivals. The only thing I don't absolutely love about this song is the dialogue in the middle. "Home" reinforces that it isn't where you are, but who you are with that matters.

And that's your daily good thing.





"Moats & boats & waterfalls, alley ways & pay phone calls,I’ve been everywhere with you
That’s true
We laugh until we think we’ll die, barefoot on a summer night

Nothin’ new is sweeter than with you
...Home is wherever I’m with you"
For Kevin

1 comment: