Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Smoothies

I love smoothies. Refreshing, satisfying, delicious, healthy...what isn't to love? And the combinations are endless. Strawberry Banana, Pineapple Mango, Banana Berry, Raspberry and Blueberry, Strawberry Coconut, Mulberry...pick your favorite fruit, add some ice and yogurt/milk, blend it all together and viola! My all time favorite smoothies are from street vendors in South East Asia. The fruit is so fresh and they blend it right there in front of you. Want more mango? Just ask. In Laos my friends and I tried mulberry smoothies, what a treat! I also like to go to my local Jamba Juice or make my own smoothies at home. Smoothies are especially great if you have a sore throat or just got a cavity filled. Smoothies are a fun treat to have in the winter because they are reminiscent of warmer weather. Jamba Juice even does seasonal smoothies, they have a Pumpkin Smash smoothie that is pumpkin pie in a cup.
Whether it is berry based or has a tropical tang, smoothies are a wonderful way to get your vitamin C and make your taste buds happy.

and that's your daily good thing!

Smoothies in South East Asia
Sea side smoothies and lemonade during a girls trip to Thailand
(photo provided by Dyna Yates)
Mmmm...Mulberry Smoothies in Laos.
(Photo Provided by Jennifer Ball)
Smoothies every day!
(Photo provided by Jennifer Ball)

No comments:

Post a Comment