Sunday, November 8, 2009

Be Part of It!


Be a part of something! Get involved in a community, workplace or school activity or event. It is a really great feeling to feel like you are a part of something. I recently entered a photo contest and it was a great experience. I didn't win anything, but that wasn't why I participated. I just wanted to be a part of it. I enjoyed the whole process from choosing the photos I was going to submit, to learning how to mount them, and seeing my work on display next to some really great photographs. There was a opening reception for all the photographers to meet and see each others work, and it was so fun to meet other people interested in photography and to see their work and ask them questions. It made me feel more connected to my community in general, and I now feel like I am a part of the photography community which is great.

So, whether it is a book club or a cookie competition or a lip sync contest, be a part of it. You will interact with people that have similar interests to you and you will feel like a part of a community.

And that's your daily good thing!

At the opening reception.

Pretty excited that my photographs are in a real art gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment