Thursday, November 26, 2009

Be Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving! Take a moment to appreciate the good things in life. I know what I am most thankful for is the wonderful people in my life. Thanksgiving is a wonderful reminder to give thanks and enjoy good food with family and friends, but you don't need a national holiday to be thankful. Sometimes if I am having a rough day I will sit down and make a "thankful list" and list all of the things I am thankful for. I list the silly stuff (my favorite pair of jeans) to the important stuff (my friends and family) and by the time I am done I can't help but feel better.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the sentiment behind it, and I feel like out of all the holidays it is the least commercial. And I love, love, LOVE the smells (and tastes) of Thanksgiving. The turkey in the oven, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, seasonal vegetables. Yum.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
My mom, grandma, little sister and me in our aprons ready to cook a Thanksgiving Feast
yum. I especially love the sweet potatoes with marshmallows (also pictured top left)Grandparents and siblings at the table
Thanksgiving in Hong Kong with my BMC sisters. 2007

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for my beautiful cousin Katie. i love you girl!

    ReplyDelete