Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Indulge in a Guilty Pleasure- Ice Cream!


Ice cream is one of my favorite indulgences. I also love gelato, sorbet, frozen yogurt, and popsicles, but ice cream is my personal favorite. As far as I'm concerned any weather is ice cream weather and any occasion is an occasion for ice cream. Getting to eat ice cream all week is definitely the best part about getting my wisdom teeth out. I have yet to meet an ice cream flavor that I don't like, but here are a few of my favorites.

Ice Cream with Mix Ins (like Coldstone or Marble Slab)- Let you imagination go wild and try crazy c0ombinations. At Coldstone I like to get cake batter with reeses peanut butter cups, dark chocolate chips, and grahm cracker crust. But I usually only get the kids size, because it is pretty sweet!

"Thrifty" Ice Cream at Rite Aide- This is the ice cream I grew up on. Great ice cream at a great price. I love Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Mint Chip, or Medieval Madness.

Ben&Jerry's Ice Cream- Can't beat Ben&Jerry's for creativity. Phish Food, Cherry Garcia, Half Baked...I could spend hours just trying samples at the store.

Haagan-Dazs Ice Cream- Classic flavors made with high quality ingredients. Haagan-Dazs is my personal favorite. This week I have been having a lot of Chocolate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with some sliced bannas. Delicious. (pictured above)

I also love Red Bean and Mango Ice cream...both of which I had for the first time in China.

enjoying local flavors at a ice cream stand in China

Ice Cream is a soothing and delicious treat for any occasion, anywhere.

Grab a spoon, a bowl, or a cone and dig in!

And that's your daily good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment