Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Indulge in a Guilty Pleasure- Fluff Books


I personally believe that almost any book is a "good book" however some are definitely more worthy than others. That being said, I love to read what I call "fluff" books. Books that haven't won any prizes, most likely won't be taught in school, and are read just for the sheer pleasure of reading a fun book. Books that you don't have to struggle through to read, and that take as much effort as watching a sitcom or drama on TV. These kind of books are great for vacations, the beach, while you are sick, taking your mind off of things, etc. Even if it is "fluff" I like to think that any kind of reading is good for you, and all books have some merit. Here are a few of my favorite "fluff books".

The Sweet Valley High Series. These books are frothy and fun. I loved them in high school and I still like them now. Diablo Cody is even going to make a movie out of them, so they might be making a comeback soon.

The Harry Potter Books. So much fun.

The Twilight Saga. Critics say what you will, but these are fast paced and filled with drama and romance.

Romance Novels by Julie Garwood or Nora Roberts. There is a reason both of these ladies are always on the best seller lists.

I could go on and on...but I think I'll save a few of my other favorite genres and authors for another post. But for now, indulge in a guilty pleasure, pick up a romance novel or cheesy series, and enjoy the fluff!

And that's your daily good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment