Friday, November 20, 2009

Nifty Thrifty


Spend an afternoon treasure hunting in a vintage or thrift store! You'll find unique pieces at great prices. Plus, because the clothes are so inexpensive you can be a little more adventurous in what you buy. Maybe your closet is full of practical "staple" pieces in neutral colors. Thrift store shopping gives you the opportunity to buy something you never would have otherwise, and you can indulge in trying out new styles and colors. It can take a little time to go through the clothes, but that is part of the fun! I recently went thrifting and found five dresses, two shirts, and a pair of heels for under $50. Here are some of my favorite finds. *Photos by Sydney Roberts, thrift store photo by Jennifer Ball
Bright Pink Sundress- $4.99
I love the color and design of this dress. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a dress this color because it is not something I will wear very often so I was thrilled to find it while thrift shopping. It is perfect for the beach or the pool or even just to brighten up a dreary day.

Ivory "Hippie Style" Dress- $6.99
I wear a lot of white so this was a really good find for me. I have always wanted a dress in this style but any that I found in boutiques were way out of my price range. I might even cut the sleeves off of this to make it more versatile, I haven't decided. That is one of the other great things about going thrift shopping, because you don't spend as much on the clothes you won't feel guilty cutting here or adding there. It is a really fun way to make your clothes one of a kind.
Purple Peasant Dress $8.99
This purple dress is a great "Holiday Season" dress, especially paired with boots and tights. I love the color purple so I saw this dress right away. And it has pockets, which I love in dresses.

Admiring my new shoes!
Black fitted "Barbie" Cocktail Dress- $4.99
Black Open Toe Steve Madden Heels- $11.99
This was my favorite find of the day. It is such a fun, flirty, girly dress and I love the fit of it. Again, this isn't a dress I would want to spend a lot of money on, but at $4.99 it was too good to pass up. I would have even spent...5 times as much for it. With black heels (also a steal) and big hair I feel like Barbie ready for a night out on the town.


The next time you want to find cute clothes at a good price, instead of heading to your nearest Forever 21 try a thrift store. You'll spend less money and won't be wearing the same thing as all the other girls in your neighborhood. Thrifting is frugal and fun.

And that's your daily good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment